Friday, January 7, 2011

In This Skin





What makes something beautiful anyway? 
I heard sometime ago, beauty is what it is. 
Flaws n all, in this skin, I’m feelin good, I no longer hear that voice of, if this or if that, well seldom. Damn it, I am who I am, and I opt to love….love me… ‘flaws’ n all. 
What makes something “too big” anyhow, why is “too big” an erroneous thing?
Why is it that we believe we must look a certain way in order to be beautiful, damn it I’m beautiful, because I’m here, inhaling, living, loving, hating, feeling, seeing, flying, drowning, learning, knowing, and being who God has me be, ever-evolving, transcending into something that is beautifully me, my God-given organic self, damn it I’m beautiful, because I am who I am, ‘flaws’ n all, inside-out I choose to love me, day & night, my keenness, bleakness, meekness, deepness, weakness, scantiness, fertileness,  earthiness, fickleness, freakiness, kinkiness,  freeness…my skin, my moles, my full eyes, full nose, down to my toes, everythang, I am who I be and I am beautifully me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Throughout my journey in life, I find myself unlearning nonsense, learning and relearning that which evolves my spiritual growth. I'm a recent graduate from an African centered ecumenical seminary, that chapter in my life has practically untangled my embedded theologies into a more deliberative theology. Post-seminary I'm still putting the pieces together, in my divine ambiguous state I've learned to embrace that Life is exploring the process of being. As I grow in wombynhood, virgining and birthing new dimensions in my soul, I experience God, I experience self, I experience you. Growth is circular,cyclical and interconnected. Finding ourself has to do with creating ourself, re-inventing & re-authoring those parts and situations for the betterment of who we be. Growth can be an ugly, frustrating and sometimes slow process, but the butterfly gives us hope, hope that things will not always stay the same, life gives us opportunities to grow, to transform and evolve. Evolution is spirituality for me,we all undergo metamorphosis time and time again until nothing else stands in the way of us and Creator.